Control ‘re-sending’ of Invoices by email
Previously, if when sending invoices via email an invoice has already been emailed, it will be emailed again if included when reselected and sent. We have had Users raise that this functionality is resulting in them accidentally re-sending invoices when using the bulk email functionality as they are not realising the invoice selected on the list view was already emailed. Although filtering listview could assist in preventing this, we have also included an improvement within the product to assist.
A new field has been added to the Consolidated Invoice record called ‘Enable Bulk Resend’. Now, when the Consolidated Invoice has already been emailed (Last Send Date is populated), if Enable Bulk Resend is set to False and the invoice is selected on a listview before clicking the Send Invoice Mail button, the invoice will not be resent.
Where needed, Users can resend Consolidated Invoices by setting the ‘Enable Bulk Resend’ field to True and using the listview ‘Send Invoice Mail button’ or by using the Send Invoice by Email and Compose Invoice Email buttons on the Consolidated Invoice detailed page layout.
The Send Invoice by Email and Compose Invoice Email buttons on the Consolidated Invoice detailed page layout will always resend the invoice when used regardless of the Enable Bulk Resend setting.
Validation of Processing of Invoices when using ‘Non Batch Method’ to process Invoices
Additional validation has been added to ensure that source fields holding information required for the creation of Consolidated Invoices when using the ‘Non Batch Method’ (Setup > Custom Setting > TimeCards Config > Create Invoices by Batch = False).
Validation of source fields is dependant on the ‘invoice group by’ applied. A full list of fields validated based on the invoice Group By can be found here.
‘First sent’ and ‘Last sent’ fields on Consolidated Invoice Record no longer populated when email send fails
With previous versions there was an issue with the ‘First sent’ and ‘Last sent’ dates on a Consolidated Invoice being stamped as sent when the scheduled job that creates PDF attachments runs. This issue is now resolved and the ‘First sent’ and ‘Last sent’ dates will only be stamped when the email is actually sent.
‘Bill to Account’ when creating ‘Fee’ now required
When a user selects ‘New Job Fee’ on the Job Order, Bill to Account will now be required along with Bill to Contact (which was already required.)
Compose Invoice Email changes for PDF Invoice attachment selection
Improvements have been made to the Compose Invoice Email functionality to accommodate superseded invoice/credit note attachments.
By default, when the Compose Invoice Email popup opens only the most recently created PDF invoice/credit note attachments will be selected. All other attachments, including superseded invoices/credit note PDFs, will be available for the User to manually select to attach to the email. Likewise the user can manually deselect the defaulted attachment if required.
Attachment Summary Table added to Timesheet Entry Portal
Users of the Timesheet Entry Portal can now review, update and delete attachments which they have attached to a timesheet via a new Attachments table on the Timesheet Entry page. This will allow Users to review that their attachments have loaded successfully or check to make sure the correct document is attached before submitting their Timesheet.
The Attachments table is also available on Submitted timesheets however only the review function is active (the update and delete functions are disabled).
Client Approval Portal Link token on Contact when manually deleted will also delete associated Link Token Details
When Link Token on the Contact record for client approval is manually deleted then the following fields shall also be cleared on the contact, Last Link Token Expiry and Link token Timesheet Submission. This will ensure Link Token will be created the next time a timesheet is submitted.
If a Link Token exists on the Contact record then users will not be able to manually delete either Last Link Token Expiry or Link token Timesheet Submission
Invoice and Credit Note Templates now available in New Zealand format
Invoice and Credit Note Templates are now available in New Zealand format. These include the following templates:
To use these templates you will need to assign the template to the desired record type in ‘Invoice Templates’ object.
Note: You will need one template for each Invoice record type i.e. Invoice Record Type needs TempInvoice_NZ_V2, Credit_Perm will need CreditPermInvoice_NZ_V2
The templates also use a new field on the Account > Billing Entry called Bank Account Suffix (tc9_ti__Bank_Account_Suffix__c). You will need to add these fields to the page layout and also ensure it is enabled to be visible to the Guest Site User profile.
Error and Debug Reporting
General, ongoing improvements to On-page and Debug Log messages/descriptions have been made to make the error messages and warnings clearer for the user to understand the issue so it can be resolved. This is an evolving improvement that will continue to be updated over upcoming releases.
Changes to Bank Account Field on Account/Billing Entity
Critical setup required
A new field called Name: Bank Account Number (APi Name: Bank_Account_Number2__c) has been introduced and this field will replace Bank Account Number (APi Name: Bank_Account_Number__c). This change is required as APi Name: Bank_Account_Number__c is a number format, therefore when a Bank Account Number commences with 0, the 0 is dropped.
Actions required –
- Move Bank Account Number (APi Name: Bank_Account_Number2__c) into Billing Entity page layout (Account > Billing Entity > Edit Layout > Add Bank_Account_Number2__c) to layout (you may wish to remove Bank_Account_Number__c) from layout.
- Copy all data from Bank_Account_Number__c to Bank_Account_Number2__c. To do this, run the following script via developer console. Org Name > Developer Console > Debug > Open Execute Anonymous Window > insert script below and press ‘execute’
List<Account> listOfAccounts = new List<Account>([select id,tc9_ti__bank_account_number__c from Account where tc9_ti__bank_account_number__c!=null]);
acc.tc9_ti__bank_account_number2__c = String.valueOf(acc.tc9_ti__bank_account_number__c);
Note: system administration might need to modify org custom code, workflows, field level security and page layouts to capture this change.
Customise the following labels on invoices – PDF “Branch” Label, PDF “Acc No” Label
The following labels can now be customised on all invoice templates
To customise these labels go to Setup > create > custom labels > PDF_Branch_Label or PDF_Acc_No_Label and select Local Translation/Overrides
Consolidated Line now populated on Invoice Item
When the following Invoices types are created the Consolidated Line will now be populated on the Invoice Item. This includes invoices created using the credit notes and re-bill functionality.
- Fee Invoices
- Perm Invoices
New ‘Invoice Group By’ option introduced – Hiring Manager (Invoice Hiring Manager)
A ‘Invoice Group By’ option called “Hiring Manager (Invoice Hiring Manager)” has been made available. This provides an alternate invoice mapping to the Invoice Group By option called ‘Hiring Manager”. The Hiring Manager option has been relabelled to be “Hiring Manager (Invoice Client)”
Grouping and Source fields for Hiring Manager (Invoice Hiring Manager) are different than those for the Hiring Manager (Invoice Client) group by type. Please see invoice mapping document here.
Action required –
- On the Account.tc9_ti__Invoice_Group_By__c picklist field, update the existing option of “Hiring Manager” to be “Hiring Manager (Invoice Client)”
- On the Account.tc9_ti__Invoice_Group_By__c picklist field, add a new option called “Hiring Manager (Invoice Hiring Manager)”
Please note for existing records created with the ‘Hiring Manager’ option, these will still be recognised and treated as the “Hiring Manager (Invoice Client)” option when generating consolidated invoice and no update to records is required.
Group by Project Codes when creating invoice fixed following re-interpretation of Ordinary Hours award
Release 1.112 implemented improvements surrounding the re-interpretation of Ordinary Hours Award (see release note Ordinary Hours – Award Re-interpretation where multiple timesheet entries entered for same day). These improvements were found to prevent the grouping of invoices by Project Code functionality from working as required. This issue has now been fixed.
Create Deductions button now able to be used following failure with deductions processing
‘Create Deductions’ button is now available for use when ‘Payrun Batch’ has the status ‘Deduction Creation Failed’ in addition to status of ‘Open’.
This change means that, when there has been failure in deduction creation, after the issue causing the failure as reported in the Debug Log is resolved, the User can simply click the “Create Deductions’ button again to restart the process. They no longer need to manually change the ‘Payrun Batch’ back to ‘Open’ before clicking the “Create Deductions’ button.
TCS Apex Jobs will update Deduction job to ‘completed’ following instance of generic error
When a generic error causes failure during ‘Create Deductions’ run, then TCS Apex Job status will not be marked as complete. When a future ‘Create Deductions’ job is commenced, TCS Apex Jobs will update the status to completed before commencing a new Apex Job.
Custom Credit Note Record Types
Improved functionality around the setting of record types for custom credit notes. Previously when a credit note was created from a Consolidated Invoice that had a custom record type, the record type of the credit note would be set as the default record type for the Consolidated Invoice object. Now a credit version of the custom record type will be used for the credit note.
To successfully create ‘Credit Notes’ the following steps are required –
1. For all Consolidated Invoice record types used for invoicing, there should be a version created to be used for credit notes. The record type should be the same as the invoice version however it should be prefixed with ‘Credit_’
- All Tabs > Consolidated Invoice/Invoice/Invoice Item > Force.com Quick Access Menu > View Record Types > New (name the record type using Credit_c)
- Define the Record type on the following objects – Consolidated Invoice, Invoice, Invoice Item
Examples of custom record types are as follows
- Invoice record type developer name = “PAYG” then credit notes record type developer name will be “Credit_PAYG”
- Invoice record type developer name = “Contract” then credit notes record type developer name will be “Credit_Contract”
2. Add Record Type to Invoice Template Set Up.
- All Tabs > Invoice Templates > Force.com Quick Access Menu > Fields > View Fields > Invoice Record Type > Values > New (name the record type with the prefix Credit_ )
3. Create new Invoice Templates for the new Invoice Record Type
- All Tabs > Invoice Templates > New
Expense and Allowance transactions created when Processing of Transactions Failed now fixed
There is a scenario where “process transaction’ fails but expense and allowances still have transactions created. This has now been fixed and expense and allowance transactions will no longer be created when transaction processing fails.
Identify method Timesheet Entry Lines were created
A new field called ‘method created’ has been added to the Timesheet Entries record which will identify how the timesheet entry line was created. To add this field to page layout:
All Tabs >Timesheet Entries > Open Timesheet Entry Record > Edit Layout
Method will show the following on Timesheet Entry record for each scenario
- When a timesheet entry is created via the Generate Timesheet button on the placement, set Method_Created = Generate Timesheet button
- When a timesheet entry is created via the Auto Generate Timesheet scheduled job, set Method_Created = Auto Generate Timesheet
- When a timesheet entry is created via the user using the add TSE functions within the timesheet manager, set Method_Created = Timesheet Manager Add
- When a timesheet entry is created via the candidate using the add TSE functions within the candidate portal/communities, set Method_Created = Candidate Page Add
Delivery Method Logic when sending email when value = Print, Blank or Custom
When a consolidated invoice record has a ‘delivery method’ of anything other than ‘Email with PDF Attachment’ or ‘Email with URL Online Link’ (ie. Print, None or Custom) then the following email rules shall apply when the send email invoice functions are used.:
- When using the ‘Send Invoice by Email’ and ‘Compose Invoice Email’ buttons on the Consolidated Invoice detailed page layout, if the individual Consolidated Invoices has a ‘delivery method’ other than ‘Email with PDF Attachment’ or ‘Email with URL Online Link’‘, the email will be sent as per the ‘Email with PDF Attachment’ delivery method.
- When using the bulk ‘Send Invoice Mail’ button Via the Consolidated Invoice List View , any Consolidated Invoices with a ‘delivery method’ other than ‘Email with PDF Attachment’ or ‘Email with URL Online Link’ will not be included as part of the bulk sending and will not be emailed.
CPU limits reached when processing many attachments for bulk send invoice – solution implemented
Improvements have been introduced to give System Administrators more control in reducing the risk of exceeding CPU limits when sending of invoice in bulk (i.e via list view). To allow this there is now a new custom setting that allows the reduction of the batch size when Batch_MergeInvoiceMails is run.
This custom setting is called ‘Batch Limit for Merge Invoice Mails’.
Setup > Custom Setting > TimeCards Config > Batch Limit for Merge Invoice Mails.
When populated with a value between 1 – 20 inclusive the value in the custom setting with be used as the batch size – if left blank, or any other value is entered, the value of 20 will be used as the batch size.
Tracking of Transactions not included in Invoices due to 0 value
In Set up > Custom Setting > Timecard config we have the ‘Enable 0 and Negative Invoices’ = True/False
If this is true invoices are always created. However, if this is False and the transaction queried has a 0 or negative total bill then the transaction is not included in the Invoice but the transaction will show “Invoiced?” = Yes with the invoice item field left blank.
To allow users to more easily identify Transactions that were determined as not needing to be invoiced, a new picklist value for field ‘Invoiced?’ on transactions has been introduced called “Not Required”. Now, where Enable 0 and Negative Invoices = False and Transaction has Bill of 0 or negative then the ‘Invoiced?’ field will be marked as ‘Not Required’.
Setup required –
- Add new picklist value to Transaction Invoiced? Field
All Tabs > Transactions > Force.com Quick Access Menu > Fields > View Fields > Invoiced? > Values > New > “Not Required”
Custom messages can be added to Invoice via consolidated invoice record
A new field has been added to Consolidated Invoice page layout called ‘Invoice Message’. Invoice Message will be derived from either the Bill to Account or Billing Entity when processed.
Invoice Message on Consolidated Invoice is populated with the following logic:
At the time the Consolidated Invoice was created …
- Did the associated Bill to Account for the Consolidated Invoice have the Invoice Message field populated?
- if yes, then Invoice Message on the Consolidated Invoice will be populated with the Invoice Message on the Bill To Account at the time of creation.
- if no, did the associated Billing Entity for the Consolidated Invoice have the Invoice Message field populated?
- If yes, then Invoice Message on the Consolidated Invoice will populate with the Invoice Message on the Billing Entity at the time of creation.
- If no, the Invoice Message on the consolidated Invoice is left blank
- Note: You can manually change invoice message on consolidated invoice record itself after the invoice has been created. Changed to the Bill To Account and Billing Entity Invoice Message will not update the Invoice Message on Consolidated Invoices already created
Setup Required –
- Add Invoice message to consolidated invoice page layout. Consolidated Invoice > Edit Layout
- Ensure the Invoice Message field on the Consolidated Invoice object is enabled to be visible to the Guest Site User profile. (only required if using packaged invoice templates)
Invoice Template Field on Consolidated Invoice population logic updated
A new field called Invoice Template was introduced to the consolidated invoice record layout as part of 1.109. Please see release note titled New field on Consolidated Invoice – ‘Invoice template’
Further refinements have been made to this process.
- When ‘Process Invoice’ process is run and the record type for the invoice has no defined invoice template then a debug log shall be created
- If Invoice Template on consolidated record is deleted and there is an existing PDF Invoice attachment then ‘Invoice Generate Flag’ will change to false. Link Token shall be deleted, URL Online Link shall be deleted, existing PDF attachment will be marked as superseded.
- If Invoice Template on consolidated invoice is changed and there is no associated invoice template for the record type, when a PDF attachment is next created, then a Debug Log shall be created reporting the issue.
Note: Invoice template on consolidated invoice cannot be blank