Shift Hours and Regular – Award Re-interpretation where multiple timesheet entries entered for same day
Release v1.112 implemented improvements surrounding the re-interpretation of Ordinary Hours Award (see release note Ordinary Hours – Award Re-interpretation where multiple timesheet entries entered for same day). These improvements have now also been applied to the Shift Hours and Regular Award types.
To use Award Version 2 the following setup is required:
Note: If required setup outlined in 1.112 has already been completed, no further action is required.
Setup > Custom Settings > Available Awards > Manage > Australia > Award interpreter Class = AwardBuilderFactoryV2
If you wish to revert Awards back to version 1 then:
Setup > Custom Settings > Available Awards > Manage > Australia > Award interpreter Class = AwardBuilderFactory
New Shift End Award Master
A new Award Master type has been created. The ‘Shift End Time’ Award Master functions in much the same way as the existing “Shift Time” Award with the following differences
- Instead of specifying shift start time breakpoints, users will specify end time breakpoints (the vf page will have to say end time breakpoint instead of start time breakpoint)
- The decision as to which end time breakpoint applies will be determined based on the combination of the number of hours worked, hours breakpoint 1 end point and the timesheet entries end time.
- if the number of hours worked wholly falls within hours breakpoint 1 then the shift end is determined by the timesheet entries end time.
- if the number of hours worked falls outside of hours breakpoint 1 then the shift end is determined at the time that the shift reaches the end of hours break point 1.
To use the Shift End Time Award the following setup is required:
Setup > Custom Settings > Available Awards > Manage >New Populate the fields as follows Name: Shift_End_Time Award Entry Page: AwardBuilder_ShiftEndTime Award Interpreter Class: AwardBuilderFactory_ShiftEndTime Description: Used when candidates are to be paid based on shift end time Display Name: Shift End Time
Defining which days Weekly Hours Breakpoints will apply in Award Masters
New Award Master functionality has been introduced to allow Users to configure the specific days of the week that will be assessed for Weekly Hours Breakpoints.
On the Ordinary and Shift Award Masters, there is now a “Days Weekly Break Applies“ multi select pick list which will allow Users to select the days of the week. As a default Monday through Friday is already selected, where required the Users can modify this to incorporate weekends or remove weekdays. If the day is listed, hours worked on that day are incorporated in the assessment of hours worked for the week and weekly break points will apply to them. If the day is not listed, hours worked on that day are not incorporated in the assessment of hours worked for the week nor will weekly breakpoints apply to them.
Defining when weekly hours breakpoints apply to normal hours only in Award Masters
New Award Master functionality has been introduced to allow Users to define if overtime hours worked should be included in the assessments for Weekly Hours Breakpoints.
On the Ordinary and Shift Award Masters, there is now an “Exclude Overtime from Weekly Hours” checkbox, which is defaulted as unticked, for Users to define when overtime hours will apply. When unticked, calculations relating to weekly hours breakpoints will remain as currently they currently function. When ticked, then any hours worked as “Overtime” will not be included when assessing the number of hours worked for weekly breakpoints. For the purpose of this functionality, “Overtime” is classified as
- Hours worked on public holidays
- Hours worked that do not fall within the standard times on the ordinary (Monday to friday, saturday and sunday)
- Hours have do not meet the conditions of Daily Hours breakpoint 1
‘Last Timesheet Creation Date’ and ‘Last Timesheet Creation Update Date’ on Cloned Placements
Previously, if a Placement was cloned the values in the ‘Last Timesheet Creation Date’ and ‘Last Timesheet Creation Update Date’ field were copied over to the new Placement which can result in inaccurate data. Now when a Placement is cloned, these fields are updated to ensure they are correct for the new placement.
Ability to define Custom Invoice Type Picklist for Processing Consolidated Invoices
optional configuration required
New functionality has been introduced to give System Administrator the ability to define custom Invoice Type values for the Process Invoice page. This gives more flexibility when it comes to creating invoices for Transactions stemming from Placements using custom record types which could previously only be processed when Invoice Type was set as ALL.
Setting up custom Invoice Type options
1. Enable the custom invoice type functionality via Set Up > Custom Settings > TimeCards Config > Enable Custom Invoice Type Picklist. When This checkbox is ticked, custom “Invoice Type” picklist options defined in the “Process Invoice Invoice Types” custom setting will be available for use on the Process Invoice visualforce page. When unticked, the standard package picklist will be used. 2. Define the custom Invoice Type picklist options to be used. Set Up > Custom Settings > Process Invoice Invoice Types. Each record created will be reflected as a pick list option on the Process invoice page. Fields to be completed are - Name: The value defined in this field will be the pick list option. Placement Record Type(s): In this field define which Placement record types will be selected when this pick list option is used. Care should be taken to ensure the Placement Record Type Developer Name(s) are used. This field is case sensitive. There can be multiple record types defined, separated by a comma (,) and no spaces. For example, “Temp,Perm”. Invoice Record Type: In this field define which Record Type will be used on the resulting Consolidated Invoice(s). Care should be taken to ensure the Consolidated Invoice Record Type Developer Name is used. This is case sensitive and only 1 record type can be defined.
Note: If a Process Invoice – Invoice Types record does not have valid entries in all 3 fields, the pick list value will not be available for use. Further, if there are no valid pick list options defined, the standard package picklist will be used.
Heap size issue when sending bulk email with attachments over 2.5MB
Improvements have been introduced to give System Administrators more control in reducing the risk of exceeding Heap Size limits when sending of invoices in bulk (i.e via list view). To allow this, there is now a new custom setting that allows the reduction of the batch size when Batch_SendingInvoiceMail is run.
This custom setting is called ‘Batch Limit for Bulk Sending Email’.
Setup > Custom Setting > TimeCards Variable Settings > Batch Limit for Bulk Sending Emails.
When populated with a value between 1 – 50 inclusive the value in the custom setting will be used as the batch size – if left blank, or any other value is entered, the value of 5 will be used as the batch size.
Timesheet Manager Attachments
Users can now view, update and delete attachments to the timesheet and expenses within the Timesheet Manager allowing the User to easily access all related attachments from one central location. Users will always have the ability to view the attachments. The update and delete functions will be removed when the timesheet has a Status of “Approved”
Transaction Quantity in Timesheet Manager read only
To help improve the integrity of data held within Transactions, Payruns and Invoices, we have now made the Transactions Quantity field read only within the TimeSheet Manager once it has been attributed to either a payrun batch or a Consolidated Invoice. This will ensure the quantity reflected on the transactions remain the quantity paid/billed.
Timesheet Approver Page v2 history tabs updates
General updates have been introduced to the Timesheet Approver Page version 2 to improve the User’s experience. The improvements include:
- Clearer naming and sorting of timesheets listed
- The ability to filter the the timesheets displayed to make it easier to target timesheets that meet specific criteria
- Increasing the number of timesheets that can be made available within the history tab
Validation Error on Temp-to-Perm Placements
Previously there was a scenario where Users were unable to save Temp-To-Perm Placements when the ‘Auto Split Payrun Batches’ functionality was in use. This issue has now been resolved.
Reintroduction of the schedule timesheet approver email functionality
Previously the ability to schedule timesheet approver email was in the process of been depreciated from the TimeCards package. This functionality will no longer be depreciated and has now been updated to function within the version 2 approver pages.
Supporting Date fields in the ProcessInvoice field set on Transaction
Previously the Process Invoice field set on the Transaction object, which allows System Admin to set optional filter criteria on the Process Invoice visualforce page, did not support Date field types. These are now supported.
General bug fixes and improvements
General bug fixes have been applied to the following
- Processing invoices – null pointer error
- Previewing Consolidated Invoice PDF documents – null pointer error
- Null pointer error
- Payment Terms calculation on consolidated invoice
- Processing Invoices Transactional Filters – Timesheet start and end dates
- Debug log reporting
- Perm Placement Transaction creation – duplicate transactions
- Send Consolidated Invoice – Maximum view state size limit
- Compose Invoice Email – Merge Field issue